Thursday 28 October 2010

Chocolate Fudge











This fudge is only for special people. People you love dearly. People you love dearly with a sweet tooth - because this fudge, though incredibly simple, is also incredibly sweet.












 



You need:
700g chocolate
(I used a mixture of milk and dark cooking chocolate, but I think I'll try dark chocolate only the next time)
1 x 390ml (approx 14 oz) tin of condensed milk
50g butter


(I would like to point out at this juncture that my chocolate was German, my condensed milk Russian and my butter Irish. That's globalisation for ya.)

Put some hot water in a saucepan and allow it to simmer. Then put all your ingredients into a heatproof bowl and place it on top of the saucepan. It doesn't look very appetising at this point, but as you stir, all the ingredients melt and form a gooey, chocolatey mix. 

While the mixture is slowly melting, prepare a shallow tray by lining it with lightly buttered/greased  baking paper or foil.

When the mixture has turned into a smooth, flowing mixture, pour it into the baking tray and smooth it out with a knife.




When the fudge has cooled, use a sharp knife to cut it into squares. I got nine bags of fudge from this quantity, all of which were gratefully received by my guinea pigs friends. The flavour improves after a day but it hasn't lasted long enough to give a definitive best-before date. Because it's so quick to make (it's the cooling time that takes the longest), it can be made a day or two in advance of gifting.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great - perfect little gift that I KNOW will be well loved - even by the boys

    ReplyDelete